Newark Faculty Council Standing Committees for 2011-12
(Area of concern: curriculum, pedagogy, academic standards and regulations, testing and grading, academic calendar, research, academic freedom, and academic personnel policies)
- Ariane C.-D’Appolonia, SPAA (Chair)
- Edna M. Cadmus, CoN
- Gerald Frenkel, GS, Bio. Sci.
- Genese Sodikoff, FASN, Soc./Anthr.
- Ted Szatrowski, RBS
Budget and Planning
(Area of concern: budget priorities and allocations and general planning)
- Fred Sudit, RBS (Chair)
- Rosa Oppenheim, RBS
- Diana Sclar, Law
Bylaws and Governance
(Area of concern: Council bylaws, unit election procedures, and governance issues at all levels)
- Paul Axel-Lute, Law (Chair)
- Lee Mosher, FASN, Math. & Computer Sci.
- Arthur Powell, FASN, Urban Educ.
(Area of concern: relations with City of Newark, County of Essex, other colleges and universities, and community groups)
- Miklos Vasarheyli, RBS (Chair)
- Asela Laguna-Diaz, FASN, Languages-Literature
- Edin Velez, FASN, Arts-Culture-Media
Facilities and Services
(Area of concern: campus physical facilities, security, computing, libraries, other campus services, athletics, and student life)
- Jeanne Ruggiero, CoN (Chair)
- Alan Gilchrist, FASN, Psych.
- Piotr Piotrowiak, FASN, Chem.
- Wen-Hua Ren, Dana