Newark Faculty Council
The Newark Faculty Council was established in 1991-92 by the Rutgers Newark faculties in order to:
- Provide a forum for determining and expressing Newark faculty opinion on issues of concern;
- Establish means for the regular exchange of information and ideas between faculty and administrators;
- Provide a quick-response structure for mediating conflicts among Newark units represented in the Council;
- Establish a body for studying and providing advice on educational and administrative matters that affect the Newark campus;
- Advise and make recommendations to the Chancellor and, through him or her, officials of the Central Administration on all appropriate matters.
The Newark Staff Council was established in 2015 by Chancellor Cantor. The Staff Council Working Group has been charged with creating an active Staff Council to meet the guidelines in the Rutgers University – Newark Strategic Plan. The Newark Staff Council
Copyright 2018, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. All rights reserved.